IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
Effective Date: March 26, 2019
Reconnect, Inc. (“us,” “our,” or “we” or “Reconnect”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our privacy practices as described in this Policy.
This Policy outlines the personal information we collect, how it is used, and the choices you have with regard to your personal information. This Policy applies to the personal information we collect through our websites, mobile applications, and any other website or mobile application owned by us (collectively “Services”) that posts a link to this Policy.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information, personal or otherwise, to or on any of our Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information through our Services or on or through any of its features, make any purchases, use any of the interactive features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We May Collect
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide by using our Services, or creating a profile. This includes personal information, account information, and contact information. Depending on the services you use, we may collect medical diagnostic information, including your blood alcohol content;
- Records and copies of your correspondence;
- Your responses to surveys;
- Your search queries on ourServices.
To the extent (if any) that you choose to provide information in connection with our social media platforms outside of our Services (for example, through our Facebook page or Twitter feed), any information you provide in those settings is posted and transmitted at your own risk and subject to the terms of those social media platforms’ privacy policies.
Information We Collect Automatically
As you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to ourServices, includingpages you visit, the length of your visit, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use in our Services.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, browsing history, browser type, device unique identifier, mobile network information, and device’s telephone number.Currently, our web servers do not recognize or respond to “Do Not Track” signals and ourServices may continue to collect information in the manner described in this Policy.
- Information about your location, if your device is set to provide location information.
Although much of the information that we collect automatically is statistical data or other aggregated information, it may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from or through third parties. This information helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usagepatterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize ourServicesaccording to your individual interests;
- Speed up yoursearches;
- Provide services toyou;
- Recognize you when you return to ourServices.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of ourServices may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Services. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons.Pages of our Services may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company to count users who have visited those pages, and allow the Company to see other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not visit any of our Services.
How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provideourServices and their contents to you;
- To provide you with information about our products andservices;
- To communicate with you and fulfill yourrequests;
- To service and provide you with notices about your account or subscription, including expiration and renewalnotices;
- To protect the security of ourServices;
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing andcollection;
- To notify you about changes to any of ourServicesor products or services we offer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on ourServices;
- To help us personalize our services, products, andadvertising;
- To conduct research and analysis, including focus groups andsurveys;
- In other ways we describe, when you provide theinformation;
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. At times, we may share your information with third parties who may market our services to you, or contact you about a survey or other research regarding our operations.
Our Services may include third-party advertising and links to other Web sites. We do not have access to or control over the privacy practices, cookies or other features that advertisers and third party sites may use, and the information practices of these advertisers and third party websites are not covered by this Policy. We accept no responsibility or liability and makes no representations about the policies of these third parties. It is your responsibility to read these third parties’ privacy policies before visiting their site or choosing to share information with them.
You can generally opt-out of receiving personalized ads from third party advertisers and ad networks who are members of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) or who follow the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising by visiting the opt-out pages on the NAI website and DAA website.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, according to local law.
- To service providers and other third parties we use to support our business, including marketing and researchcompanies;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all ofourassets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our users is among the assets transferred;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provideit;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legalor judicialprocess, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our, our customers’, or other parties’ rights, property, or safety. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit riskreduction;
- In the case of a suspected data breach,withthird parties providing a service;
- In other ways we describe, when you provide theinformation;
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at Reconnect Inc., 91J Auburn St, Suite 280, Portland, ME 04103.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we take measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Services.
If changes to this Policy are made, we will notify you by revising the date on this Policy. We encourage you to stay informed about our privacy practices by reviewing the Policy whenever you interact with us. In certain cases, we may provide you with additional notice of changes to this Policy. Any change to this Policy will be effective immediately and your continued use of Reconnect’s Services indicates your consent.
If you have any questions about this Policy or would like to request access to your personal information, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Reconnect Inc., 91J Auburn St, Suite 280, Portland, ME 04103.